This week, I was tagged by Carry, Amanda, and Erin.
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
Here are my facts:
1. The year I lived completely alone for the first time in my life was really very happy. I am a person who treasures solitude. Too bad I won't have any for at least another 18 years. ha!
2. I am healthier now as an omnivore than I ever was as a (fish eating) vegetarian. I didn't do the veg thing very well... you can eat a lot of cheesy pizza and fish and chips if you don't watch out! Now I do eat meat now and then but I've never been a big fan of the stuff.
3. I started Kindergarten when I was four. One day my mom heard me reading her Avon catalog and realized that I wasn't just mimicking the stories I'd memorized. I've been a bookworm ever since.
4. I used to hate hate hate being hot. Traveling in India cured me of that. It also cured me of being squeamish when using questionable public bathrooms.
5. I can't fall asleep if my feet are cold.
6. I hate eggs. Can't stand 'em. I think it's the texture, 'cause I'm not much of a mushroom fan, either. Anything that's kind of slimy is icky in my book. I also don't like to drink milk. I do love sushi and most sashimi... except eel. Weird, huh? Other than that, I love most foods and cuisines.
7. I'm very picky about my laundry and how it's done. I worry that my husband will shrink things in the dryer. I like to fold laundry and stack it neatly. But then, after it's stacked, I'm really bad at putting it away. I have little stacks of clean clothes on my dresser and on the floor in front of the dresser. So I'm being more intentional about putting the Peanut's clothes away and keeping her room tidy... I want to help her learn to be tidier and more organized than I am.
So many people have posted this meme this week! I don't know who to tag. If you have read this far and would like to play along, you're it! Let me know if you post this meme so I can read yours, too.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
This week, I was tagged by Carry, Amanda, and Erin.
Monday, May 14, 2007
For the first time, I didn't plan Mother's Day for everyone else. And by that, I mean for my husband and my brother. They're the kind of guys who mean well but wait until the last possible moment to even think about cards or gifts or plans.
This year I just sat back and let them figure it all out.
After my brother (I almost typed "bother", how 2nd grade) treated mom, Peanut and I to a lovely brunch, I took the little one to one of my favorite yarn shops for their Mother's Day sale. I treated myself to four skeins of Cotton Fleece in Caribbean Sea, as I've been considering a Rusted Root for myself, with a few tweaks now that I've done my homework and re-read my Barbara Walker (Knitting From The Top).
I don't know from Caribbean Sea, but I do know my Adriatic Sea...
...photo of Croatian Isle of Vis, Village Komiža, on a trip with my mom... we went together to find our roots a few years ago. Talk about coming full circle on Mother's Day!
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Excellent Jacket is finishing up slowly but surely...
I think I'm really going to like this jacket in spite of its bulk. It's nicely fitted without being too snug, bulky without being too chubbo. At least, that's my impression so far...
The I-cord cast-on I decided on turned out a little wonky. See the first set of knit stitches above the I-cord? (They're actually part of the cast on.) They're much taller than normal knit stitches. At first I thought I could live with it or that it kind of worked as a design feature, but as the jacket is coming together it definitely looks wack. So I'm slooooowly picking it out, what a pain. It's taking about ten times longer to pick out than it did to create in the first place. I'll go back and try an I-cord bind-off instead. This way, I can try it on and make sure I'm in love with the length before I bind-off. Yay!
I did it. I signed up for a Flickr account. Just for my Ravelry notebook. Hopefully the transition from photobucket will be an easy one!
*Isn't Beck the coolest cat?
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Christie invited me to join Ravelry a few weeks ago. I went and signed up right away, and then got super busy. Last night I got a chance to spend more time on my Ravelry page and I think I'm in love. Frecklegirl and her beau set up the coolest thing that you never knew you needed! I mean, really. You can keep track of, for example:
:the projects you've finished,
:the projects you're working on or dreaming about,
:all of your needles and
:all of your books and magazines,
:other folks and their projects, and
:a forum for discussion.
It's all right there in one place and it flows together very nicely.
Here's the main page.
I hear that there is a huge list now of folks who want to sign up. It's a small venture by people who are doing it all for fun, so be patient if you have signed up but haven't heard anything yet.
I have two invitations at the moment, and will gladly send them to any of you... let me know in comments or email! I've given out my invitations for now, but Frecklegirl says that current members will periodically get more invitations, so let me know if you'd like one and I'll invite you when I get more! :)