Friday, July 01, 2005

H R Shrugs N Stuf*

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with their opinions about itty bitty shrugs and not so itty bitty bustlines. I think, for the most part, they don't work together very well. But then I got an email from Tracy, in which she told me about her own One Skein Wonder. Tracy knit a OSW in combination with a sleeveless shell that she designed. The set, in my opinion, makes the most of both worlds and is very flattering on her!

So if I ever decide to make a shrug, I'll make it in combination with a shell so they look continuous together.

The rest of you cute little things should definitely make more shrugs if you wanna, 'cause they look fabulous on you!

In other knitting news, I finished Aprikot Jacke's back and cast on for a front piece. So I'm about halfway done with the knitting part. I guess I should update my sadly neglected sidebar, eh? I also found a bunch of black, white and mint Cotton Ease almost by accident yesterday. Definitely colors I'll use. The Pistachio I might use for someone's baby gift. Trellis, maybe?

Happy Canada Day!

*Remember H R Pufnstuf? Man, we had some seriously psychedelic kids' shows back in the day....