Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Overwhelmed

Wow.

I wasn't expecting so many positive and kind comments on Mariah! You all really know how to make a girl feel good and validate her sweater. ha! Seriously, it's been so fun to read each of your comments as they come in. I've worn Mariah a couple of times in the past week and love that it's warm and cozy without being big and bulky. A winning combination, in my book.

Some of you also left comments on my glasses. My other pair, a gorgeous and hip tortoiseshell frame with lavender on the inside, are so cute and are by La Font. Oui, tres Fronch (Better Off Dead). I never thought I'd find a pair that I liked as much. Mr. Goodkarma helped to pick these out; they're by prodesign and are that browny coppery titanium color with purple arms. They seem to fit my face even better than my other hip pair. Yay!

I'm not only overwhelmed by the kindness of your comments, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with work. I've taught 1st or 2nd grade for the past 6 years, and when the opportunity came up to work with the 4th grade team, I thought, you know, I'm ready for a professional challenge. I love my teammates, but learning all the curriculum has been like that nightmare when you take a bite of something and it never gets smaller, no matter how long you chew. Sometimes, it even gets bigger.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Enter Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan. Here she is, resting on my planbook. This is my first top-down sweater and I'm really enjoying it. See, I needed something to knit on these weeknights when I'm pretty wiped but want to wind-down and not have to think too much. So far, the yoke on this baby is just what the doctor ordered. Jody and I have been corresponding about the yarn (I'm using Silky Wool and she's using Silky Tweed for a different project) and how unusual it is to work with. Slubby and soft, yet it does split if you're not being careful. It's different from any fiber I've used so far.

To top it all off, do you see that cat in the corner of the photo? Lennon needed surgery on Saturday, out of the blue. I won't go into too many details, but this is the first time I've ever had to learn about anal glands. Poor guy had to be put out for the surgery, so he also had his teeth cleaned, and ended up having a tooth extracted. So he's been sore on both ends, taking antibiotics and pain meds. Fortunately, the pain meds were liquid in little syringes that I just squirted down his throat... naturally the antibiotics need to be taken for a longer number of days and are PILLS. That's just mean.

So yeah, overwhelmed, but not out for the count. Still keeping my head above water. (Making a wave when you can.) Good times!