Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wren

IMG_4232



Berroco Wren
Berroco Zodiac, colorway Luna
Size Medium, approximately 10 skeins
Addi Turbos size US8 and US6
squinty eyed, overexposed photo courtesy of overcast Seattle summer day

I knit this cardi as written except for the collar. Instead of knitting it separately and then seaming it on, I picked up (fewer stitches than called for) and knit, decreasing one stitch at the beginning and end of every row.

I chose to knit the medium (size 40) for my 38/39 self to allow for enough overlap of the fronts. I should have knit the size small (36); the pattern allows for more than enough overlap and the finished product is quite large. The fabric is very drapey and stretchy, and, in spite of waist shaping, the finished garment has a boxy fit on me. And yet, the sleeves are fitted just right, hmmm...

I can wear Wren open or closed in a variety of ways. I'm wearing it in this picture with one of the sides kind of doubled over under the other and held closed with an African porcupine quill I bought at Seattle Yarn Gallery. I'll need to play around with it to get a fit that's snug enough yet not bulky looking.