Sunday, July 13, 2008

Child's Placket Neck Pulli

IMG_4989

Child's Placket Neck Pullover
Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Cotton Ease, Lake (1+ skeins) and Almond (a smidge)
US8 Needles

One of my dear girlfriends is expecting her second baby next month and we all joined for a shower this weekend. It was the best kind of shower, really a non-shower, since there were tons of people outside, lots of kids, lots of water to splash around in, and great food and company.

I started off with the smallest size, but since my gauge was much larger than the pattern called for, I followed the body and sleeve lengths for the middle (1-2 year old) size. That's a good size, anyway, since the baby will be able to wear it longer than an infant size. The fabric is very drapey and soft, which is lovely, but it made for a very floppy neckband, so I decided it looked better folded down polo style. Sweet.