Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Giving Thanks

I'm thankful that I have so many loving friends and family members that live near me.

I'm thankful that I have a job that pays me well enough to live in relative comfort and warmth, and that feeds my soul at the same time.

I'm thankful that the children I work with are generous, considerate, and caring; they are wrapping up their annual canned food drive and I've just packed up a sack of food to add to their contributions.

I'm thankful that I have a warm roof over my head, electricity and gas to keep myself fed and warm, and a cozy bed to snuggle up in at night.

I'm thankful that I have a warmhearted, kind, and thoughtful husband with whom I can do that snuggling!



We'll be sharing Thanksgiving with my in-laws this year. Here's what I'm contributing to our dinner: two of my favorite recipes from Bon Appetit. If you need something to bring to a dinner, both of these recipes are fabulous and quite easy. I often double the potato recipe if there's going to be a big crowd.

Cranberry and Dried Cherry Sauce
Scallop Potatoes With Gouda and Fennel

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American pals! I hope you'll spend your day with those you love.