Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Getting into the spirit

So I started the Corkscrew Scarf for FFSIL again, and knit the wraps unlike the instructions call for. Fortunately, those big holes are no more and the lovely Kyoto wedges meld right into one another. Forgive please, the craptastic winter evening in Seattle (read: zero daylight to be had) photos.

Behold the lovely wedges with their seamless short rows (and never you mind why I'm wearing pink flannel pajamas with little chubby skiing children on them, and yes that is a LUSH bag in the background with pressies for my mama tucked inside):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And, what's this? The beginnings of a corkscrew (didn't I mention that my office is red the future nursery will need to be painted?):

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This pattern is really easy to learn. I used the book for the first couple of repeats but now I can go go go without much thinking. That's perfect for me right now. I took Corkscrew to my science-for-teachers class (Circuits & Pathways, oooh electricity is fun!) tonight and got a few repeats done in between experiments. There were at least two other knitters in class (of about 20-25 people), so no knitterly guilt here.

Finally, I have to share this... by way of Jessica... our build your own South Park characters! There's me and my hubby! Remember how he always looks stoned in pictures? Well, it seems to be true with cartoon pictures, too! ha!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com