Sunday, October 01, 2006

The End of the Fourth Trimester

My little lovey is three months old now. Mommyhood is amazingly life changing... all those cliches you hear about how your life will change and how wonderful it all is? They're so true. And the first few months can be tough but now she's all smiles and play and babbles and coos... so much love.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A couple of weeks ago, I had to go back to work suddenly, and my happy little stay at home with the baby world came to an end. An abrupt end! Fortunately, the stars are all aligned and it's working well. The only thing is that my life is literally all about pumping, cleaning bottles, doing laundry, getting to bed early and getting up early so I can get the baby to daycare and make it to work on time. Hugs and kisses all afternoon and evening. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Before I went back to work, Peanut started some routines, including a midday nap that afforded me some knitting time. I finished Jemima's front (yay!) and decided to reknit the caps of the two finished sleeves. So when I finish those, all I'll have left is the back to knit. Maybe I'll be able to share it with you before winter 2007? hee hee.

Cathi just posted that Cotton Ease is making a comeback. That ought to make some people very happy.

Bonne Marie's new pattern really catches my eye... knowing her and the way that she writes patterns, this one will be a hit for new and experienced knitters alike. I'm already eyeballing my stash, though heaven knows I have too many projects in the queue as it is.

I'm full-on addicted to Project Runway... am Netflixing the last few episodes of Season 2 while watching the last few episodes of Season 3. Good times. I adore Michael Knight (isn't that Knight Rider's name? Kit?) and hope that he goes the distance in this race.

Have a fabulous week ahead! I'm off on a stroller walk in the fall sunshine with the girl.