Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Everyone Else Is Doing It

I had a dentist appointment on Monday, so I decided to take the day off, take the babe to daycare, and treat myself to my First Ever Day Off Without The Baby. Without Being At Work. It felt so decadent! I adore my little Peanut but it was really good for me to take a breather. I actually did some knitting, yay! I finished reknitting the second sleeve cap for Jemima and started the tubular cast-on ribbing for the front. That's the last piece I have to knit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I broke out my Shawl Collar Pullover and wore it for the first time. My new classroom is C to the HILLY and I'm kicking myself for not having finished more handknit sweaters before becoming a mom. Anyway, I love the way this sweater fits, which is a huge relief because I finished it when I was pregnant and wasn't sure if I'd ever get my bod back to close to its original state. I wore my Rib and Cable socks today, too! I did "show and tell" with my students and told them about my knitting hobby. They were quite impressed (come on, they're eight years old) and thought it was hilarious that I could knit while I read, watch TV, or walk. :) All I know is that I'm quite cozy today and I'm even more excited about someday finishing Jemima, since I'm actually using the shaping from the Shawl Collar Pullover pattern and I just know it's going to fit fabulously.

Oh, and my daughter found her feet last weekend. :) It's the little things that excite me now.

48 things you could care less about...

1. first name? Karma

2. were you named after anyone? No. My parents really were hippies.

3. when did you last cry? Oh, it happens about once a week these days. Being a new mom is truly roller coasterish.

4. do you like your handwriting? Yes, I'm a primary school teacher, so I have pretty neat printing and script.

5. what is your favorite lunchmeat? I've never been much of a meat person but I do love deli sandwiches. Usually go for ham or turkey but I like 'em all.

6. if you were another person would you be friends with you? I believe I would.

7. do you have a journal? Very sporadically.

8. do you still have your tonsils? Yes.

9. would you bungee jump? No.

10. what is your favorite cereal? Any of the Kashis.

11. do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I usually wear clogs, so no.

12. do you think you are strong? I was about to say that I'm emotionally strong but physically weak, until I read Heidi's answer to this question in which she declared that she gave birth without medication this year... YES I am strong!

13. what is your favorite ice cream flavor? That's like asking a mother which is her favorite child. Lately it's Reese's (chocolate ice cream with Reese's chunks) from the local Husky Deli, but I love 'em all.

14. shoe size? 40 or 9.5US

5. red or pink? purple

16. what is the least favorite thing about yourself? Insecurities about my body. It's all mental.

17. who do you miss the most? My kitty, Julian, who died in June.

18. do you want everyone to send this back to you? I think everyone else has already done this one.

19. what color pants, shirt and shoes are you wearing? blue plaid pajama bottoms and blue pj top, no shoes.

20. last thing you ate? Red dragon roll and chicken donburi.

21. what are you listening to right now? Calm Baby CD playing very quietly in Peanut's bedroom as she slumbers.

22. if you were a crayon, what color would you be? I always liked Red Violet.

23. favorite smell? bread baking, my mom's house.

24. who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My brother. I told him we were invited to a cider pressing party today and he said, "So basically you're going to an apple squeezing party." Yeah.

25. the first thing you notice about people you are attracted to? The teeth (worked for a dentist for 9 years before becoming a teacher), the eyes.

26. do you like the person you stole this from? I love you all!

27. favorite drink? Fresh squeezed lemon drop, up, in a martini glass.

28. favorite sport? I like watching basketball.

29. eye color? brown/green

30. hat size? I love the idea of hats but I almost never wear them, so I don't know.

31. do you wear contacts? yes.

32. favorite food? Oh I love food so much... Indian is a big favorite (Saag Paneer, Tikka Masala, etc.) and I could eat good sushi pretty regularly.

33. scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings

35. summer or winter? I love the cheery blue skies of summer but not the heat, I love the coziness of winter but dread the grey Seattle sky for months on end.

36. hugs or kisses? hugs.

37. favorite dessert? warm berry pie or crisp or cobbler with vanilla ice cream

40. what books are you reading? I recently started The Golden Compass; I'm reading Mrs. Piggle Wiggle to my class; I read Pajama Time! to my baby last night. Notice the absence of adult materials here...

41. what's on your mouse pad? the earth

42. what did you watch last night on tv? Project Runway (WTF?)

43. favorite sounds? baby babbles

44. the rolling stones or beatles? Beatles

45. the furthest you've been from home? India

46. what's your special talent? People are always telling me how patient I am. That and I can make milk.

47. where were you born? Seattle, Washington, USA

48. who sent this to you? everyone on my Blogroll!