Sunday, May 29, 2005

Rippit! Rippit!

Image hosted by Photobucket.comWe went to a little barbeque at our friends' house today, which involved driving about 45 minutes each way. Jacke was happy to accompany me. Here's the progress I've made so far on sleeve #1... nearly a skein's worth. So quick to knit, such a lovely yarn! Sadly, I'm going to rip all of this out and start again. You can't tell from this picture (dang flash), but the center ribbing is not symmetrical. I want to start the cuff ribbing one stitch over so that the center column of ribbing between the diagonal stitches will be even. Right now it's P1, k2, p2, k2, p2, k1. Which is fine, but to blend in properly with the sides, it should be p2, k2, p2, k2, p2. Get it? And it's probably a very small thing, but the gauge is huge enough to be obvious to me. And so, I'll start again.

I'm glad I started with a sleeve; it gave me a good chance to get used to the charting, the yarn, etc.