Sunday, December 31, 2006

Various and Sundry

I've been helping a friend with her new knitting skills this year and she gave me these for Christmas... black for me, white for Peanut.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cool, eh?


I'm playing around with MacGourmet, a new (to me) program that organizes your recipes like iTunes does your music and iPhoto does your pictures. This is good and bad; I am trying to organize my home and my life, step by step, and it's helping, yet I could spent hours importing and playing around with this new toy! I've decided to start small and just import the recipes I have in my Epicurious recipe box and then slowly add things as time goes on. You can try it out before you buy it, goody goody.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Speaking of recipes, I just tried out this Tomato and Sausage Risotto (from Martha Stewart via Ring Around the Rosies) for dinner tonight. (Picture from Martha's site.) Mama mia! I love one-skillet meals that are healthy, delish, and pretty all at once. Ding! Ding!




Dumb knitting question of the day:

Does a yarn have approximately the same gauge if it is knit in st st as it would if it were knit in a Fair Isle pattern? I guess that depends on how tightly or loosely one knits Fair Isle, is that correct? I have yet to try colorwork with knitting, but I've fallen in love with the shape of a Fair Isle sweater pattern and want to knit it in a solid color. I have a feeling that my question is a little too lame to even ask. Just remember that I'm running on about 2/3 brainpower... the other 1/3 was lost when I got pregnant. D'oh.