Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wanna Know Where My Stitches At?

Who needs their Ravelry project page when they can have their end of the couch? Yes, my end of the couch is next to the wall where I keep allll the ongoing projects. Even though I check in to Ravelry quite regularly, I still have my own "system". I'm laughing. Click for notes:

IMG_4139

Remember that plan I had to finish an old, languishing project after each new project I finished? Yeah. That wouldn't be true to my creative process, or something. As soon as I get to the finishing part of a project, I lose interest. Which is really surprising since I grew up sewing, so it's not like I'm uncomfortable with seaming or anything. So I cast on a couple of new projects since my last post about knitting.

babyacardiBaby A Cardi from Yarnplay is being knit up with Kraemer Tatamy Tweed, a yarn that has been recommended a couple of times by Diana. It's a machine washable cotton/acrylic blend that feels lovely, soft and drapey on the needles, and comes in cheap 100g skeins. The construction is similar to other projects in Yarnplay; the bottom band is knit horizontally, stitches are picked up on the "side" and then the top is knit vertically. It's a gift for a coworker whose little boy is due later this month.




IMG_4141IMG_4143

One of my girlfriends needed to borrow the needle I was using for the baby set, oh darn, I got to cast on Rusted Root in the meantime! I decided to drop the front neckline by about 4" and knit the size medium. I'm planning lots of other mods, so I figure I can try 'er on as I go. This is actually my first top down project and I'm really enjoying it. I keep thinking about the "no finishing" aspect and I'm psyched. (I did actually start a Not So Shrunken Cardi a couple of years ago but had a rough start with the size -- way too big -- and never did pick it back up again.)

IMG_4145



Also? Guess who turned one a couple of weeks ago?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket