Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Perfect Pairing

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Superstarra Christie
is making a knock-off of this sweet Banana Republic hat; Nik made up a pattern for it and calls it Republic. The original is made with a chunky cashmere; Nik used Plymouth Encore Chunky, which I have never used.






Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI thought it would make a sweet gift for a couple of the ladies in my life, paired with Kate Gilbert's Gifted mittens. She makes these with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky.

What a perfect pair, no? I had dreams about this last night, people. I think I'm going through knitting withdrawal.


So I'm wondering if Knitpicks Sierra, Panache, or Decadence would work well for a cap and mittens? I think I'm the last person on earth to use KP yarns. Are any of these yarns soft enough yet sturdy enough for the job?