Thursday, May 05, 2005

Baby's First Meme

From Yarn Yoga:

Please list 5 things that you may or may not have done before that you would like to learn or try again. This may just get you to try them or give you some renewed interest!

1. Parenthood. Mr. Goodkarma and I are hoping to start this new hobby within the next year. There's a lot of preparation and practice involved, which we are thoroughly enjoying at the moment.

2. Running. For the past year, I've dabbled in a little jogging and I've found that I need to do a lot of building up and training if I ever want to run a marathon or anything insane like that.

3. Composting. I have a friend who's a Master Composter and she has inspired me to want to learn more about making my own compost so my yard (I just typed yarn) and garden will be super extra healthy and rich.

4. Yoga. Last year, there were several months where I was going to a yoga class at my gym every single Friday night. It really didn't take too long before I felt much more tall and strong. One thing led to another, travel, life, etc., and I stopped going. I want to get back on that wagon!

5. Staying Organized. I've never been good at having a clean, tidy house for a long period of time. It's not filthy, just cluttered. I think I get easily overwhelmed if there's too much to do and I find it's much easier to procrastinate than to deal. One day last month, Cara blogged about housekeeping and joked about FlyLady. I had no idea who that was, so I googled it and now I'm hooked. She's helping me get my house in shape in really easy steps each day. So thanks to Cara's joke, I'm already working on Thing #5.

Who will I tag? Hmmmm... How about loulou, CJ, and Knitin Chick, three of my partners in Mariah, all of whom I would like to get to know better. Did you see Knitin Chick's FO today??? Ooh la la!